About Fair Work Ombudsman:
Our main role is to:
- Promote harmonious, productive and cooperative workplace relations
- Ensure compliance with Australian workplace laws
- Monitor certain 457 and 482 subclass visa arrangements.
Our free services include:
- A single point of contact for reliable and timely information about Australia's workplace relations system
- Educating people working in Australia about fair work practices, rights and obligations
- Assessing complaints or suspected breaches of workplace laws, awards and registered agreements and some Fair Work Commission orders
- Litigating in some circumstances to enforce workplace laws and deter people from doing wrong in the community
- Building strong and effective relationships with industry, unions and other stakeholders.
For more information, visit https://www.fairwork.gov.au/